Customer Service Representative I
Posted on Thursday, January 3
Function: Process various teller transactions accurately and efficiently while servicing customers in a friendly and professional manner. Provide excellent customer service by executing most aspects of bank operations and a variety of customer service functions.
- Accurately process various teller transactions, including but not limited to:
- Deposits, withdrawals, transfers, loan payments, issue money orders and Treasurer’s Checks, redeem US Savings Bonds
- Answer basic customer queries
- Handle cash and run/balance a cashbox
- Use TCR ( Cash Recycler)
- Comply with all regulatory requirements, including accurate completion of CTR’s
- Effectively work in a team environment
- Gain knowledge of Bank’s products and services in order to offer appropriate products and services to customers therefore assisting in branch goal achievement
- Refer customers to Bank employees who specialize in the type of problem or query they present (Mortgage Loan Originator, Commercial Loan Officer, etc.)
- Comply with established policies, procedures and work ethics
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Participate in Community Events
- Ability to balance Vault & ATM
- Ability to open basic deposit accounts
- Effective listener and communication skills
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to handle money and ability to remember details of transaction services
- Ability to follow policies and procedures up to the tiniest detail and seek out assistance as needed.
- High School graduate or 1 year job experience in customer service preferred.
- Principles of Banking (CFT)
- Teller Operations (CFT)
- Competencies Required:
- Customer Focus
- Results Oriented
- Physical Demands/Conditions
- Bank environment; teller window; standing majority of day. Some sitting, reaching. May carry/lift coin bags.
- Equipment used:
- Personal computer, telephone, cash and coin counting machines, adding machine, check scanning machine.
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application and fax or mail to:Torrington Savings Bank
Attn: Human Resources
129 Main Street
Torrington, CT 06790