Posted on Monday, February 4
Position Title: Research Specialist
Status: NON EXEMPT
Primarily responsible for researching/processing all internal and external research requests submitted by customers, branches, attorneys, State of Connecticut and Housing Authority. This also includes customer verifications requested by other banks and mortgage companies.
- Process all research requests which include SSA/SSI, Title 19, branch requests and subpoenas.
- Process all incoming and outgoing wires and accurately maintain corresponding logs and supporting documents.
- Review Supervisor Override report to ensure accuracy of exception items.
- Review Dormant to Active report to ensure proper authorization/paperwork and update system if applicable.
- Review Closed Account report, verify signature on withdrawal slip to account agreement.
- Review Mis-Matched Statement report for statement errors and notify branch.
- Process address changes as requested by customer.
- Review specific reports and send letters as necessary for Red Flag processing.
- Scan and index deposits, withdrawals, certificate renewals, mortgage, safe deposit payment slips and bank check vouchers.
- Assist branches and departments with questions and problem resolutions.
- Perform additional duties as requested by supervisor.
- Customer Focus
- Results Oriented
Knowledge of the different storage medias and time frames associated with retaining customer information/documents. Knowledge of teller system. Knowledge in the use of the fiche reader printer, film reader, electronic reports DVD and CD rom. Knowledge of computer and related software/programs. Possess good analytical, problem solving skills and demonstrates attention to detail.
Physical Demands/Condition Requirements:
Sitting, walking, climbing stairs and listening skills
Computer, general office equipment
To apply, download and complete the Employment Application and fax or mail to:Torrington Savings Bank
Attn: Human Resources
129 Main Street
Torrington, CT 06790